|Photo source: http://pinoy-bestrecipe.blogspot.com.au/|
This spicy chicken stew recipe is so good, and its more delicious if you use native chicken but any chicken will do.
- 1 kg chicken meat, sliced into desired sizes
- 1 medium size red onion
- ginger, sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 pieces red chili pepper ( if you want extra hot you can put some more chili), sliced
- 3 pieces green chili pepper
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 3 gloves garlic
- 5 stalks or leaves of lemon grass
- 2 cups of water
- cooking oil
- chili leaves or spinach leaves as substitute
- Heat oil and saute ginger, onion and garlic then add the chicken and stir until juice comes out.
- Add the water, cover and let it boil then simmer until chicken meat is tender.
- Once tender, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour in coconut milk.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put spinach leaves, cover and turn off heat.
- Have it covered for about 2 minutes until spinach leaves is cooked.
- Enjoy and serve hot.