Feel like eating vegetables? Here is a perfect recipe for you. Pinakbet is one of the main Filipino food that is being served and cooked in everyday life in the Philippines. Try this healthy recipe and enjoy eating.
- 500 grams pork meat, sliced thinly
- 1 medium size bitter melon
- 200 grams squash chopped
- 7 pieces okra, sliced
- 10 piece string beans or beans as substitute, cut in about 2 inches long
- 2 pieces eggplant, chopped
- 2 medium size cloves garlic, crushed
- slices of ginger
- 3 tbsp shrimp paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- In a pan, saute garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add the pork and cook until brown.
- Add the shrimp paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the water and bring to boil or until pork is tender.
- Add in the squash and cook until lightly soft.
- Add the rest of the vegetables until cook, add water if needed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.