- 1 kl milkfish (bangus) cleaned cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1/2 thumb sized ginger, sliced and pounded
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 4 pcs bay leaves (dahon ng paminta)
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- fish sauce (patis)
- 1 large red onion ,sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, pounded
- 3 pcs green finger chillies
- eggplant (optional)
- In a pot, mix altogether the ingredients except for fish,chillies and eggplant. Bring to boil.
- While boiling, add the fish and eggplant. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Put on low heat, covered and simmer until sauce becomes less.
- Serve and enjoy! Watch out for tiny bones in the fish.