1 kg pork belly or any pork meat with fat on it
250 ml pineapple juice
2 and half tbsp. salted black beans in can
2 tbsp. toyo or soy sauce’
5 pieces bay leaves
2 and half tbsp. white vinegar
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/3 cup banana blossom (dried)
1 tsp. whole peppercorn
cups of water
- Cut or slice pork meat into desired sizes.
- Sprinkle salt and put in a pan, continuously cooking until oil comes out and meat turns slightly brown.
- Drain some oil and just leave a little bit for sautéing the rest of the ingredients.
- Sauté the onion and garlic with the meat until soft.
- Add in soy sauce and water, boil for up to 30 minutes to or until so tender of your desired tenderness.
- Add the pineapple juice. Keep adding water if needed.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Put in peppercorn, bay leaves, vinegar. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and black beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Put in the banana blossom and simmer for 3 minutes.
* Adjust taste with salt, black beans is already salty.