Pandesal ang tinapay ng mga Pinoy!
- 500 ml warm water
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 1/4 cup oil or melted margarine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, put warm water and add yeast and sugar and stir until dissolve.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine salt, 2 cups of flour and yeast mixture and stir.
- Add the remaining flour 1 cup at a time until it forms a dough.
- Put the dough in a floured surface and start kneading it for about 10 minutes or until its supple and elastic.
- Oil a mixing bowl and put dough and roll until the dough is coat with oil.
- Cover it with a damp cloth and let is sit until it doubled its size.
- Place the dough in a floured surface and divide into quarters.
- Roll each quarters until it forms a log.
- Cover the rolls again with a damp cloth for another 30 minutes until it double its size again.
- Preheat oven into 190 degrees Celsius or 375 degrees F.
- Cut the log roll into desired sizes or preferably about 1/2 inches each and roll into breadcrumbs.
- Bake until it turns golden brown.