- 6 cups glutinous rice (sticky rice or malagkit)
- 2 cup coconut milk Pangalawang gata
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 8 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 ground peanuts
- Combine the rice and coconut milk( pangalawang gat) in a rice cooker. Cooked until rice is ready.
- In a wok, put coconut milk, brown sugar and salt and cook in low heat stirring constantly until becomes thick.
- Once the mixture is thick enough, set 1 cup for topping.
- Add the cooked rice in the thick mixture and mix well.
- Continue cooking until al liquid evaporates, do not overcooked.
- Turn off the heat and cover with banana leaves for additional aroma.
- Transfer and flatten into a dish and spread evenly the reserved thick mixture or latik.
- Sprinkle with ground peanuts.
- (Optional) Put in an oven for a crispier topping.
- Serve and enjoy!. Best with coffee.